Reserving Group Study Rooms and The ErgoPod
Two Law Library group study rooms in the underground addition, eleven Reading Room group study rooms, and an ErgoPod are available for reservation. There is one group study room in S-215, and another in S-217 on Sub-2. The ErgoPod is located in S-221 on Sub-2. The Reading Room study rooms are 300A, 300B, 300C, 300D, 300E, 300F, 300G, 300H, 300J, 300K, and 300L off the main area. These study rooms have the same restrictions as the Reading Room (no food, drinks only). Tables cannot be moved.
Each of the group study rooms features seating and tables, as well as wireless access. The Reading Room group study rooms also have television monitors. The Library group study rooms also have whiteboards.
The ErgoPod is a fully ergonomic and informationally accessible workstation designed primarily for persons with disabilities but may be used by anyone until a request is made by a disabled individual. Please remember that not all disabilities are visible.
View and make group study room reservations in the Group Study Room Online Reservations system.
Some things to know:
- Rooms may only be reserved and used by law students
- Group study rooms are for groups of two or more, with the exception of the ErgoPod, which may be used by only one person at a time
- You must use your umich.edu email address to make a reservation
- Individuals can reserve a maximum of two hours (two 60-minute time slots) in any given day
- Reservations will be confirmed by email
- Please be courteous and respect others' reservations
- Reservations are necessary to assure room availability; those using an unreserved room must forfeit it to someone who reserves it for the same time period
- Group Study Rooms located in the Reading Room can only be opened with your MCard; Reading Room desk staff are not able to open these rooms for you