Publications of the University of Michigan Law School Faculty
Forthcoming PublicationsClick author's name for individual list and full-text links
- Allen, Layman E. (1966- ), co-author. "The Legal Argument Game of Legal Relations." C. S. Saxon, co-author. J. L. & Info. Sci. (Forthcoming). (Originally published under the same title in E-Law - Murdoch U. Electronic J.L. 5, no. 3 (1998).)
- Alvarez, Alicia (2006- ), co-author. Introduction to Transactional Lawyering Practice. P. R. Tremblay, co-author. West Academic Press, Forthcoming.)
- Bagenstos, Samuel (2009- ). "Universalism and Civil Rights (with Notes on Voting Rights after Shelby)." Yale L. J. 123 (Forthcoming, 2014).
______."The Unrelenting Libertarian Challenge to Public Accommodations Law." Stan. L. Rev. 66, no. 6 (Forthcoming, 2014).
______. "Formalism and Employer Liability Under Title VII." U. Chi. Legal F. 2014 (Forthcoming, 2014).
- Barr, Michael S. (2001- ). "Five Ways the Financial System Will Fail Next Time." (Forthcoming).
- Beny, Laura N. (2003- ), Co-author. S. Hale, co-author. Introduction to Sudan's Killing Fields: Political Violence and Fragmentation, edited by L. N. Beny and S. Hale. Red Sea Press, (Forthcoming).
______, Co-editor. Sudan's Killing Fields: Political Violence and Fragmentation. S. Hale, co-editor. Red Sea Press, Forthcoming.
______. "The Empirical Evidence on the Regulation of Insider Trading." Ann. Rev. L. & Soc. Sci. (Forthcoming).
______. "Beyond Economics: Slavery in the Sudan." In Sudan's Killing Fields: Political Violence and Fragmentation, edited by L. N. Beny and S. Hale. Red Sea Press, Forthcoming.
- Clark, Sherman J. (1995- ). "The Juror, The Citizen, and The Human Being: The Presumption of Innocence and the Burden of Judgment." Crim. L. & Phil. (Forthcoming).
- Crane, Daniel A. (2009- ). "Philadelphia National Bank and Inter-Market Balancing." Antitrust L. J. (Forthcoming, 2014).
______ . Co-editor. Global Antitrust and Compliance Handbook. D. Sokol and A. Ezrachi, co-editors. New York: Oxford University Press, Forthcoming, 2014.
______ . "Private Antitrust Enforcement: Comparative and Policy Considerations." In Comparative Competition, edited by K. Klovers and A. Speegle. Research Handbooks in Comparative Law Elgar, Forthcoming, 2013.
______ . "The Rationales for Antitrust: Economics and Other Bases." In Oxford Handbook of Antitrust Economics, edited by D. Sokol and R. Harrison. Oxford: Oxford University Press, Forthcoming.
______. "Enacted Legislative Findings and the Deference Problem." Geo. L. J. (Forthcoming).
______. "After Search Neutrality: Drawing a Line Between Promotion and Demotion." I/S: J.L. & Pol'y for Info. Soc'y (Forthcoming).
- Croley, Steven P. (1993- ), co-author. What Agencies Do: The Fourth Branch in Operation. Magill and Lasken, co-authors. ABA Press, Forthcoming.
______. Regulating Systemic Risk: Proposing a Systemic Risk Control Commission. Tobin Project on Economic Regulation, Forthcoming.
______. "Post Public Choice Theories of Regulation." In Handbook on Regulation. Elgar, Forthcoming.
______. "Governance and Administrative Law." In Oxford Handbook of Governance. Forthcoming.
______. Civil Justice Reconsidered: Toward a Less Costly, More Accessible Civil Litigation System. Forthcoming.
______, co-author. An Overview of Federal Agency Regulatory Activity. M. E. Magill and J. Laskin, co-author. American Bar Association, Forthcoming.
- Eisenberg, Rebecca (1984- ), co-author. "Patents and Regulatory Exclusivity." J. R. Thomas, co-author. In Elsevier Encyclopedia of Health Economics. Forthcoming.
______. "Patent Punting." (Forthcoming).
______. "Fostering Frugal Innovation." (Forthcoming).
- Friedman, Richard D. (1988- ), co-author. The Federal Rules of Evidence: Text and History. J. Deahl, co-author. Forthcoming.
______. "The Conundrum of Conspirators, Confrontation, and Hearsay." (Forthcoming).
______. Review of The Chief Justiceship of Charles Evans Hughes, 1923-1941, by W. G. Ross (Forthcoming).
______. "Forfeiture of Confrontation Rights in Light of Giles v. California." (Forthcoming).
- Frier, Bruce W. (1986- ). "Ius, Lex, and Legal Certainty." In Legge, Ugualianza, Diritto, edited by G. Luchetti. Forthcoming 2014.
______, general editor. The Codex of Justinian. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, Forthcoming. (A three-volume edition of Judge Frederick Blume's translation.)
______. Sources for Roman Law: The Tituli Ulpiani and the Sententiae Pauli. Oxford: Oxford University Press, Forthcoming.
______. Review of Law, Language, and Empire in the Roman Tradition, by C. Ando. Classical J. (Forthcoming).
______. "Delict." In Cambridge Companion to Roman Law, edited by D. Johnston. Forthcoming.
______. Review of A Casebook on Roman Property Law, by H. Hausmaninger and R. Gamauf, co-authors. J. Roman Archaeology (Forthcoming).
- Green, Thomas A. (1972- ). Freedom and Criminal Responsibility in American Legal Thought. New York: Cambridge Univ. Press, Forthcoming.
- Hakimi, Monica (2008- )."Unfriendly Unilateralism." Harv. Int'l. L. J. (Forthcoming, 2014).
______ . "Toward a Legal Theory on the Responsibility to Protect." Yale J. Int'l L. 39 (Forthcoming 2014).
- Halberstam, Daniel (1999- ), co-author. "The Unification of Law in Federal Systems." M. W. Reimann, co-author. In General Report for the Thematic Conference of the International Academy of Comparative Law. Forthcoming.
______. "Joseph Weiler, Eric Stein, and the Transformation of Constitutional Law." In Revisiting the Transformation of Europe, edited by M Wind and M. Maduro. Forthcoming.
- Hathaway, James C. (1998- ), co-author. The Law of Refugee Status. 2nd ed. M. Foster, co-author. Cambridge: Cambridge Univ. Press, Forthcoming.
- Hershovitz, Scott (2007- ). "Tort as a Substitute for Revenge." In Philosophical Foundations of the Law of Torts, edited by J. Oberdiek. Oxford University Press, Forthcoming.
______. "The Model of Plans." Ethics (Forthcoming).
- Herzog, Donald J. (1991- ). "Is(n't) Catharine MacKinnon a Liberal?" (Forthcoming).
- Howson, Nicholas C. (2005- ), "'Quack Corporate Governance' as Traditional Chinese Medicine – The Securities Regulation Cannibalization of China's Corporate Law and a State Regulator's Battle Against Party State Political Economic Power." Seattle U. L. Rev. (Forthcoming, 2013).
______. "中国过于宽泛的内幕交易执法制度 - 立法授权和监管机构实践" [China's Overbroad Insider Trading Enforcement Regime - Statutory Authorization and Agency Practice]. 交大法学 [Shanghai Jiaotong U. L. Rev.] (Forthcoming 2014). (Extended Chinese translation of "Punishing Possession-China's All-Embracing Insider Trading Enforcement Regime." In Research Handbook on Insider Trading, edited by S. Bainbridge, 327-46. Research Handbooks in Corporate Law and Governance. Northampton, Mass.: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2013.)
- Jackson, John H. (1966- ). "WTO Dispute Settlement - Appraisal and Prospects." In Institutional Aspects of the World Trade Organization's Effectiveness Conference. Stanford, Calif.: Stanford Univ. Press, Forthcoming.
- Kahn, Douglas A. (1964- ). "A Proposed Replacement of the Tax Expenditure Concept and a Different Perspective on Accelerated Depreciation." Fla. St. U. L. Rev. (Forthcoming).
- Khanna, Vikramaditya S. (2004- ), co-author. "Methods for Multicountry Studies of Corporate Governance (and Evidence from the BRIKT Countries)." B. S. Black et al, co-authors. (Forthcoming).
- Kim, Hwa-Jin (2011- ), Co-author. "Favoritism and Corporate Law: The Confused Corporate Opportunity Doctrine in the Hyundai Motor Case." S. H. Lee and S. M. Woodcock, co-authors. Mich. J. Private Equity & Venture Capital L. (Forthcoming).
- Krier, James E. (1983- ), co-author. "The Possession Heuristic." C. Serkin, co-author. In The Economics of Possession, edited by Y. Chang. Forthcoming.
______, co-author. Property. 8th ed. Forthcoming.
______. "Judicial Takings: Musings on Stop the Beach." Brigham-Kanner Prop. Rts. Conf. J. 3 (Forthcoming).
______, co-author. "A Positive Theory of Regulatory Takings." S. Sterk, co-author. (Forthcoming).
- Logue, Kyle D. (1993- ), co-author. "Understanding Insurance Anti-Discrimination Laws." R. Avraham and D. Schwarcz, co-authors. U. S. C. L. Rev. 87 (Forthcoming 2013).
- Mendelson, Nina A. (1999- ). "Including 'Political' Reasons in Agency Decision making." (Forthcoming).
______, co-author. "Evading OIRA Review." J. Weiner, co-author. Harv. J. L. & Pub. Pol'y (Forthcoming).
- Mendlow, Gabriel S. (2012- ). "What Temptation Could Not Be." In Law and the Philosophy of Mind, edited by E. Villanueva. Amsterdam: Rodopi, Forthcoming.
- Mortenson, Julian D. (2009- ). "Law Matters, Even to the Executive." Mich. L. Rev. (Forthcoming).
- Pottow, John A. E. (2003- ). "Mitigating the Problem of Vulture Holdout: International Certification Boards for Sovereign Debt Restructurings." Tex. Int'l L. J. (Forthcoming).
- Radin, Margaret Jane (2007- ). "Boilerplate: A Threat to the Rule of Law?" in The Rule of Law and Private Law, edited by L. M. Austin and D. Klimchuk. Oxford University Press, Forthcoming, 2014.
______. "An Analytical Framework for Legal Evaluation of Boilerplate." In Philosophical Foundations of Contract Law, edited by G. Lestas, P. Saprai, and G. Klass. Oxford University Press, Forthcoming, 2014.
- Ratner, Steven R. (2004- ). "The Role of the ICRC." In The 1949 Geneva Conventions: A Commentary, edited by A. Clapham, P. Gaeta, and M. Sassoli. Oxford: Oxford University Press, Forthcoming.
- Reimann, Mathias W. (1985- ), co-author. "The Unification of Law in Federal Systems." D. Halberstam, co-author. In General Report for the Thematic Conference of the International Academy of Comparative Law. Forthcoming.
______. "Product Liability." In Comparative Tort Law, edited by M. Bussani and A. Sebok. Forthcoming.
- Sankaran, Vivek S. (2006- ). "Using Legal Tools to Reduce the Number of Children in Foster Care." Wm. Mitchell L. Rev. (Forthcoming).
- Seinfeld, Gil (2005- ). "The Jurisprudence of Union." Notre Dame L. Rev. (Forthcoming).
- Simma, Bruno (1988-1993, 2001- ). The Impact of Human Rights on International Law: General Course on Public International Law 2009. Collected Courses of the Hague Academy of International Law. Forthcoming.
______, co-author. "Einsatzmöglichkeiten für Streitkräfte im Rahmen der Vereinten Nationen, unter besonderer Berücksichtigung des Handlungsspielraums von Regionalorganisationen." T. Graf, co-author. (Forthcoming).
- St. Antoine, Theodore J. (1965- ). "Labor Unions and Title VII: A Bit-Player at the Creation Looks Back." In A Nation of Widening Opportunities? The Civil Rights Act at Fifty, edited by S. R. Bagenstos and E. Katz. University of Michigan Press, Forthcoming, 2014.
- Starr, Sonja B. (2009- ). "Evidence-Based Sentencing and the Scientific Rationalization of Discrimination." Stanford L. Rev. 66 (Forthcoming, 2014).
- Thomas, Kimberly A. (2003- ). "Substantive Habeas." Am. U. L. Rev. 63 (Forthcoming, 2014).
- Vandervort, Frank E. (2005- ). "The Guardian Ad Litem Investigation." In The Guardian Ad Litem Handbook for Divorce Practice. Forthcoming.