The Martha Cook Building 1915
The John P. Cook dormitory sits directly across Tappan Street from the Martha Cook Dorm, which was Cook’s first gift to the University of Michigan. Martha Cook, named after Cook’s mother, opened in 1915. It was a significant emblem of the University’s commitment to attracting women, and was the first women’s dorm at Michigan.
For more information on The Martha Cook Building
Right at home - The Michigan Daily
Martha Cook Building Alumnae Association (MCAA)
Martha Cook Dormitory on Bentley Historical Library Website