Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Service Request - Students & Alumni

M-Law students and alumni seeking service related to information in their academic records should contact the Law School's Office of Student Records.

Standard Request Types

  • Certificate of Graduation
  • Enrollment Verification
  • Academic Standing
  • Class Rank (Graduates Only)
  • Student Record Access or Review
  • 3rd-Party Forms Processing

Requesting Services

Service Time: 5-7 Business Days

Service Location & Mailing Address:

Office of Student Records
University of Michigan Law School
625 S. State Street, 416 Hutchins Hall
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1215

Fax: 734.936.1973

Phone: 734.763.6499 (General Inquiries Only)

In-Person Request

Please bring your student ID or other valid government-issued ID when visiting our office to make a request. Regular service time still applies.

Email Request

Umich Email: Send us your request from your U-M student email account.

Non-Umich Email: Follow the "Mail or Fax" procedure and send only the scanned copy.

Mail or Fax Request

Send us a written or typed request letter and include the following details:

  • Full Legal Name (or Name while in attendance)
  • Date of Birth
  • Graduation Year
  • Last Four Digits of SSN
  • Handwritten Signature

    Note: A photo ID may be requested if the details above are insufficient.


The University's Office of the Registrar processes deferment forms.

LS&A Suite 5000
500 S. State Street

Phone: 734.763.9066
Fax: 734.764.5556