These are all part time positions for students currently enrolled at UM.
How to apply:
We accept applications only for the term listed in red below. We often have jobs for students in all schools and colleges.
- See list below of positions currently available. Please apply only for these positions.
- Click the link to the job descriptions to determine which positions you are qualified for. Note: there are descriptions for all of our jobs but not all jobs are currently available. Apply only for those jobs listed in red, below.
- Complete the application one of two ways:
a. Click here to complete the PDF application form. Print it out, attach your resume and take it to the Hiring Table at the Law Library's Administrative Office, Room S-180 Legal Research Building. Put your application in the drop box provided.
b. Go to the Hiring Table at the Law Library's Administrative Office to complete a paper application. The Administrative Office is on the top level of the underground addition. It is the last office on the right after you pass the Reference/Information Desk.
- You must be a currently enrolled U-M student. Preference is given to students with work-study.
- You must have your class schedule to complete the "availability" section of the application.
- Read the qualifications for each position as listed in the Job Descriptions, link below. Apply only for those which are open and for which you are qualified.
- All jobs require a resume.
- Apply early—applications are accepted until all positions are filled.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- U of M Students on the Ann Arbor campus must complete the Student Employment Application on Wolverine Access in order to be considered for any position. For instructions see: http://www.hr.umich.edu/empserv/employee/stutempa2.html
Work Study: All positions are approved for Work Study.
Open positions for Spring & Summer 2015.
Positions for Law Students:
- Reference Desk Assistant, 11 openings
- Faculty Research Assistant, 6 openings
Positions for Law Students or MSI students:
Please check back in April for additional positions for Spring/Summer.
Job Descriptions: ()
FAQ: What Every Applicant for a Student Job Should Know
We are now accepting applications only for the term and positions listed in red above. Other positions may become available. Supervisors may not know until early into the term exactly how many people they will need. Some of them may not hold interviews until later in the semester.
- What is the status of my application?
Your application was sent to the supervisors of the position(s) you applied for.
The supervisor will call you if s/he is interested in interviewing you.
- When will I be called for an interview?
Supervisors will contact you to arrange an interview if your schedule matches the vacant positions they need to fill. Supervisors will probably contact everyone they wish to interview by the third week of the term. If you have not heard from us by then, you should consider applying elsewhere.
- Why wasn't I selected for an interview?
You didn't provide contact information, so we couldn't get in touch with you.
You're not a college student.
Your available times to work were too limited.
You didn't include your current class schedule.
We were not actively hiring for the position you applied for, or the position was already filled.