Head of Reference & Faculty Services
S-136 Legal Research
Amanda joined the University of Michigan Law Library in the Fall of 2011 as a Reference Librarian. Previously, she had worked at the University of Texas as Outreach Services Coordinator and Reference Librarian in the Tarlton Law Library, and as a Lecturer in the School of Law. She also worked in the Office of Legal Services at the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
Amanda received her B.B.A. in Economics and Business Administration (cum laude) from Eastern Michigan University in 2002. She attended The Ohio State University’s Moritz College of Law, earning her J.D. in 2005. She earned her M.L.I.S., with a certificate in law librarianship, from the University of Washington in 2008.
ACTIVITIES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Chair, AALL Law Library Journal and AALL Spectrum Committee, 2013-14; Vice-Chair, 2012-13; Member, 2011-12
- Chair, AALL ALL-SIS Task Force on Library Marketing and Outreach, 2011-13
- Vice-Chair, AALL ALL-NEW/Membership Committee, 2012-13; Member, 2010-12
- Member, AALL CS-SIS Awards and Grants Committee, 2011-12
- Presenter, Law.Gov Workshop at the University of Texas School of Law, May 4, 2010
- Presenter, American Association of Law Libraries Annual Meeting, July 2009, Making the Cut: ALL-SIS Collection Development Committee Roundtable.
- Member, AALL ALL-SIS Statistics Committee, 2009-10
- American Association of Law Libraries (AALL)
- State Bar of Ohio (license on inactive status)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio (license on inactive status)
back to Staff Biographies