Publications of the University of Michigan Law School Faculty
Click author's name for individual list and full-text links
- Allen, Layman E. (1966- ), co-author. "The Legal Argument Game of Legal Relations." C. S. Saxon, co-author. J. L. & Info. Sci. (Forthcoming). (Originally published under the same title in E-Law - Murdoch U. Electronic J.L. 5, no. 3 (1998).)
- Bagenstos, Samuel (2009- ). "Disparate Impact and the Role of Classification and Motivation in Equal Protection Law after Inclusive Communities." Cornell L. Rev. 101 (Forthcoming).
- Barr, Michael S. (2001- ). Financial Regulation: Law and Policy. Foundation Press, Forthcoming, 2016.
______. "Five Ways the Financial System Will Fail Next Time." (Forthcoming).
- Bromberg, Howard (1996-2000, 2008- ). "Law, 19th Century", "Law, 20th Century", "Law, Antiquity", "Law, Enlightenment", "Law, Middle Ages", "Law, Renaissance." In Encyclopedia of Theory, edited by J. Mattingly. Sage, Forthcoming.
______, co-author. Marijuana Law in a Nutshell. M. Osbeck, co-author. West, Forthcoming.
- Caminker, Evan H. (1999- ). "Branch Rickey and the Assembly of Baseball Rosters and Student Bodies." In The Residue of Design. Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan Press, Forthcoming.
- Crane, Daniel A. (2009- )."Antitrust and Wealth Inequality." Cornell L. Rev. 101 (Forthcoming).
______ . "Philadelphia National Bank and Inter-Market Balancing." Antitrust L. J. (Forthcoming).
______ . "Formalism and Functionalism in Antitrust Treatment of Loyalty Rebates: A Comparative Perspective." Antitrust L. J. (Forthcoming).
- Croley, Steven P. (1993- ), co-author. What Agencies Do: The Fourth Branch in Operation. Magill and Lasken, co-authors. ABA Press, Forthcoming.
______. Regulating Systemic Risk: Proposing a Systemic Risk Control Commission. Tobin Project on Economic Regulation, Forthcoming.
______. "Post Public Choice Theories of Regulation." In Handbook on Regulation. Elgar, Forthcoming.
______. Civil Justice Reconsidered: Toward a Less Costly, More Accessible Civil Litigation System. Forthcoming.
______, co-author. An Overview of Federal Agency Regulatory Activity. M. E. Magill and J. Laskin, co-author. American Bar Association, Forthcoming.
- Daugirdas, Kristina (2010- ). "How and Why International Law Binds International Organizations." Harvard Int'l L. J. 57 (Forthcoming 2016).
- Eisenberg, Rebecca (1984- ). "Fostering Frugal Innovation." (Forthcoming).
- Friedman, Richard D. (1988- ), "The Conundrum of Conspirators, Confrontation, and Hearsay." (Forthcoming).
______. Review of The Chief Justiceship of Charles Evans Hughes, 1930-1941, by W. G. Ross (Forthcoming).
______. "Forfeiture of Confrontation Rights in Light of Giles v. California." (Forthcoming).
- Frier, Bruce W. (1986- ). "Ius, Lex, and Legal Certainty." In Legge, Ugualianza, Diritto, edited by G. Luchetti. Forthcoming.
______. "Ulpian", "Q. Mucius Scaevola." In Encyclopedia of Ancient History. Forthcoming.
______, general editor. The Codex of Justinian. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, Forthcoming. (A three-volume edition of Judge Frederick Blume's translation.)
______. Sources for Roman Law: The Tituli Ulpiani and the Sententiae Pauli. Oxford: Oxford University Press, Forthcoming.
______. Review of Law, Language, and Empire in the Roman Tradition, by C. Ando. Classical J. (Forthcoming).
______. Review of A Casebook on Roman Property Law, by H. Hausmaninger and R. Gamauf, co-authors. J. Roman Archaeology (Forthcoming).
- Hakimi, Monica (2008- ). "The Two Codes on the Use of Force." J. K. Cogan, co-author. European Journal of International Law (Forthcoming).
______. "Custom's Method and Process: Lessons from Humanitarian Law." In Custom's Future: International Law in a Changing World, edited by C. Bradley. (Forthcoming).
______. "Distributing the Responsibility to Protect." In Distribution of Responsibilities in International Law, edited by A. Nollkaemper and D. Jacobs. (Forthcoming).
- Halberstam, Daniel (1999- ), co-author. "The Unification of Law in Federal Systems." M. W. Reimann, co-author. In General Report for the Thematic Conference of the International Academy of Comparative Law. Forthcoming.
______. "Joseph Weiler, Eric Stein, and the Transformation of Constitutional Law." In Revisiting the Transformation of Europe, edited by M Wind and M. Maduro. Forthcoming.
- Howson, Nicholas C. (2005- ), co-author. "通往小股东保障之路径：中国派生诉讼, Pathway to Minority Shareholder Protection: Derivative Actions in the People's Republic of China." D. C. Clarke, co-author. In 外国学者论中国法丛书——公司法分卷, Foreign Scholars on Chinese Law - Company Law. Beijing: 中国大百科全书出版社, China Encyclopedia Publishing House, Forthcoming, 2015. (Chinese translation of "Pathway to Minority Shareholder Protection: Derivative Actions in the People's Republic of China." D. C. Clarke, co-author. In The Derivative Action in Asia: A Comparative and Functional Approach, edited by D. Puchniak, H. Baum, and M. Ewing-Chow, 243-95. International Corporate Law and Financial Market Regulation. Cambridge University Press, 2012.)
- Kahn, Douglas A. (1964- ). "Proposed Regulatory Change of Treatment of a Guaranteed Payment from a Partnership to a Partner." Mich. Bus. & Entrepreneurial L. Rev. (Forthcoming).
- Khanna, Vikramaditya S. (2004- ), co-author. "Regulating "Squeeze Outs" in India." U. Varottil, co-author. Am. J. Comp. L. (Forthcoming).
______, co-author. "Anticipatory Bail in India: Addressing Misuse of the Criminal Justice Process?" K. Mahajan, co-author. In Research Handbook on Comparative Criminal Procedure, edited by J. Ross and S. Thaman. Edward Elgar, (Forthcoming).
- Kim, Hwa-Jin (2011- ). "Financial Regulation and Supervision in Corporate Governance of Banks." Journal of Corporation Law 41 (Forthcoming, 2016).
- Krier, James E. (1983- ), co-author. "A Positive Theory of Regulatory Takings." S. Sterk, co-author. (Forthcoming).
- Litman, Jessica D. (1984-1990, 2006- )."Fetishizing Copies." In Copyright in An Age of Limitations and Exceptions, edited by R. Okediji. Cambridge University Press, (Forthcoming, 2015).
______. ""What Notice Did." B. U. L. Rev. 96, no. 3 (Forthcoming).
- Logue, Kyle D. (1993- ). "Encouraging Insurers to Regulate: The Role (If Any) for Tort Law." U. C. Irvine L. Rev. (Forthcoming).
______, associate reporter. "Management of Potentially Insured Liability Claims." T. Baker, reporter. In Principles of the Law of Liability Insurance. Philadelphia: The American Law Institute, Forthcoming.
- McCormack, Bridget M. (1998- ). Pre-trial Practice (Practitioner's Guide). (Forthcoming).
- McCrudden, Christopher (2001- ), co-author. "Why Northern Ireland's Institutions Need Stability." J. McGarry, B. O'Leary, and A. Schwartz, co-authors. Gov't & Opposition (Forthcoming).
______. "Why Do National Court Judges Refer to Human Rights Treaties? A Comparative International Law Analysis of CEDAW." Am. J. Int'l L. (Forthcoming).
______. "The Dark Side of Nudging: The Ethics, Political Economy, and Law of Libertarian Paternalism." J.King, co-author. In Choice Architecture in Democracies: Exploring the Legitimacy of Nudging, edited by A.Kemmerer, C.Möllers, M.Steinbeis, and G.Wagner, 67-132. Oxford/Baden-Baden: Hart and Nomos, Forthcoming.
- Mendelson, Nina A. (1999- ). "The Uncertain Effects of Senate Confirmation Delays in the Agencies." Duke L. J. 64 (Forthcoming).
______. "Private Control over Access to Public Law: The Perplexing Federal Regulatory Use of Private Standards." Envtl. L. Rep. (Forthcoming, 2015). (Selected for inclusion in the 2015 Environmental Law and Policy Annual Review, a special issue of the Environmental Law Repoter. )
- Mortenson, Julian D. (2009- ). "Snowflakes in a Blizzard: Structural Treaty Issues in International Investment Law." In Modern Treaty Law. Cambridge University Press, Forthcoming, 2015.
______. "Executive Power and National Security." A. Kent, co-author. In The Cambridge Companion to the United States Constitution, edited by J. Compton and K. Orren. Cambridge University Press, Forthcoming, 2016.
- Novak, William J. (2009- ). "The Public Utility Idea and the Origins of Modern Business Regulation." In The Corporation and American Democracy. Forthcoming, 2015.
______. "The Continental Idea of the State." In State and Administration, edited by A. von Bogdandy, P. Huber, and S. Cassese. Max Planck Handbooks of Public Law in Europe, vol. 1. Oxford: Oxford University Press, Forthcoming, 2015.
- Osbeck, Mark K. (2008-2010, 2011- ), co-author. Marijuana Law in a Nutshell. H. Bromberg, co-author. West, Forthcoming.
- Primus, Eve Brensike (2006- ). "Culture as a Structural Problem in Indigent Defense." Minn. L. Rev. 100 (Forthcoming).
- Primus, Richard A. (2001- ). "Why Enumeration Matters." Mich. L. Rev. (Forthcoming).
- Ratner, Steven R. (2004- ). "Complicity and Compromise in the Law of Nations." Crim. L. Phil. 10 (Forthcoming).
- Reimann, Mathias W. (1985- ), co-author. "The Unification of Law in Federal Systems." D. Halberstam, co-author. In General Report for the Thematic Conference of the International Academy of Comparative Law. Forthcoming.
______. "Comparative Law." In International Encyclopedia of Comparative Law. Forthcoming.
______. "Better Law", "Interest and Policy Analysis." In European Encyclopedia of Private International Law, edited by J. Basedow. Forthcoming.
- Simma, Bruno (1988-1993, 2001- ). The Impact of Human Rights on International Law: General Course on Public International Law 2009. Collected Courses of the Hague Academy of International Law. Forthcoming.
______, co-author. "Einsatzmöglichkeiten für Streitkräfte im Rahmen der Vereinten Nationen, unter besonderer Berücksichtigung des Handlungsspielraums von Regionalorganisationen." T. Graf, co-author. (Forthcoming).
- Vandervort, Frank E. (2005- ). "The Guardian Ad Litem Investigation." In The Guardian Ad Litem Handbook for Divorce Practice. Forthcoming.
- Waggoner, Lawrence W. (1974- ). "With Marriage on the Decline and Cohabitation on the Rise, What about Marital Rights for Unmarried Partners?" ACTEC L. J. 41, nos. 1 & 2 (Forthcoming).