- Allen, Francis A. (1966-2007). "The Law as a Path to the World." Mich. Q. Rev. 18 (1979): 548-63.
______. Law, Intellect, and Education. Ann Arbor: Univ. of Michigan Press, 1979.
______. "In Honor of Walter V. Schaefer." Nw. U. L. Rev. 74 (1979): 691-3.
- Bishop, William W., Jr. (1948-1987). Review of The Italian Yearbook of International Law, 1976 (Editoriale Scientifica). Am. J. Int'l L. 73 (1979): 329-30.
______. Review of De-Recognizing Taiwan: The Legal Problems, by V. H. Li. Am. J. Int'l L. 73 (1979): 153-5.
- Blasi, Vincent A. (1970-1983). "Bakke As Precedent: Does Mr. Justice Powell Have a Theory?" Cal. L. Rev. 67 (1979): 21-68.
- Browder, Olin L., Jr. (1953-2007), co-author. Basic Property Law. 3rd ed. R. A. Cunningham et al, co-authors. St. Paul, Minn.: West, 1979.
- Brown, Elizabeth G. (1951-1993). "The Waukesha County Jail--Building, Administration, Inmates: 1901-1904." Am. J. Legal Hist. 23 (1979): 236-64.
- Chambers, David L. (1969- ). Making Fathers Pay: The Enforcement of Child Support. Chicago: Univ. of Chicago Press, 1979.
______ Review of The Bakke Case: The Politics of Inequality, by J. Dreyfuss and C. Lawrence III. Wash. Post Book World., July 8, 1979: E1, E4.
______ Review of From Brown to Bakke: The Supreme Court and School Integration: 1954-78, by J. H. Wilkinson. Wash. Post Book World., July 8, 1979: E1, E4.
- Conard, Alfred F. (1954-2009). "The Meaning of Corporate Social Responsibility: Variations on a Theme of Edwin M. Epstein." Hastings L. J. 30 (1979): 1321-6.
______. "Business Corporations in American Society." In Commentaries on Corporate Structure and Governance, edited by D. E. Schwartz, 41-9. Philadelphia: ALI-ABA, 1979.
______. Foreword to French Business Enterprises, by J. H. Crabb. Littleton, Colo.: F. B. Rothman, (1979).
- Cooper, Edward H. (1972- ). "Government Appeals in Criminal Cases: The 1978 Decisions." Fed. Rules Decisions 81 (1979): 539-59.
- Cunningham, Roger A. (1959-1994). "The New Implied and Statutory Warranties of Habitability in Residential Leases: From Contract to Status." Urb. L. Ann. 16 (1979): 3-154.
______, co-author. Planning and Control of Land Development: Cases and Materials. D. R. Mandelker, co-author. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill, 1979.
______, co-author. Basic Property Law. 3rd ed. O. L. Browder and A. F. Smith, co-authors. St. Paul, Minn.: West, 1979.
- Donahue, Charles, Jr. (1968-1979). "What Causes Fundamental Legal Ideas? Marital Property in England and France in the Thirteenth Century." Mich. L. Rev. 78 (1979): 59-88.
______. Review of St. German's "Doctor and Student", by F. T. Plucknett and J. L. Barton, editors. Tijdschrift voor Rechtsgeschiedenis 47 (1979): 182-6.
______. "Comparative Family Law: Law and Social Change?" Review of State, Law and Family: Family Law in Transition in the United States and Western Europe, by M. A. Glendon. Mich. L. Rev. 77 (1979): 350-62.
- Edwards, Harry T. (1970-1976, 1977-1980). "Preferential Remedies and Affirmative Action in Employment in the Wake of Bakke." Indus. & Lab. Rel. Rep. 16 (1979): 6-16.
______. "On Becoming a Lawyer: Some Challenges for the Future." U. Mich. J. L. Reform 13 (1979): 1-9.
______, co-author. Labor Relations Law in the Public Sector: Cases and Materials. 2nd ed. R. T. Clark and C. B. Craver, co-authors. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill, 1979.
______, co-author. Higher Education and the Law. V. D. Nordin, co-author. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard Univ. Institute for Educational Management, 1979.
______. "Equal Employment Opportunity: Preferential Remedies and Affirmative Action in Employment in the Wake of Bakke." Wash. U. L. Q. (1979): 113-60.
______, co-author. Collective Bargaining and Labor Arbitration: Materials on Collective Bargaining, Labor Arbitration and Discrimination in Employment. 2nd ed. D. P. Rothschild and L. S. Merrifield, co-authors. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill, 1979.
- Estep, Samuel D. (1948-2006). "Every Man to His Own Taste." In Baseball, Popcorn, Apple Pie, and Liberty, edited by R. R. Hegstad. Washington, D.C.: Review & Herald Publishing Assoc., 1979.
- Gray, Whitmore (1960- ). "Impact of the UCC on American Contract Law." Foreign L. Res. Materials (Japan) 75 (1979): 51-63. (Article is written in Japanese and is an unverified citation.)
______, editor. Current Studies in Japanese Law. Ann Arbor: Univ. of Michigan, 1979.
- Green, Thomas A. (1972- ). Review of Society and Homicide in Thirteenth-Century England, by J. B. Given. Speculum 54, no. 1 (1979): 137-40.
______. Review of Crime in England, 1550-1800, by J. S. Cockburn, editor. Am. J. Legal Hist. 23 (1979): 357-62.
______. Introduction to Of Public Wrongs, by W. Blackstone, iii-xvi. Commentaries on the Laws of England, 4. Chicago: Univ. of Chicago Press, (1979). (A Fascimile of the First Edition of 1765-1769.)
- Israel, Jerold H. (1961- ). Introduction to the Criminal Justice System. 2nd ed. By H. B. Kerper, as revised by J. H. Israel. St. Paul, Minn.: West, 1979.
- Jackson, John H. (1966- ). "United States—EEC Trade Relations: Constitutional Problems of Economic Interdependence." Common Mkt. L. Rev. 16 (1979): 453-78.
______. "MTN and the Legal Institutions of International Trade." Committee Print 96-14. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, (1979).
______. "Introduction: Perspectives on Anti-dumping Law and Policy." Mich. Y. B. Int'l Legal Stud. (1979): 1-8.
______. "International Economic Problems and Their Management in the 21st Century." Ga. J. Int'l & Comp. L. 9 (1979): 497-506.
______. "Governmental Disputes in International Trade Relations: A Proposal in the Context of GATT." J. World Trade L. 13 (1979): 1-21.
- Kahn, Douglas A. (1964- ). "Watch Out for Those Transactions that Can Trigger an Unexpected Gift Tax." Prac. Acct. 12 (1979): 65-71.
______. Sum and Substance of Federal Income Tax. 6th ed. Inglewood, Calif.: Josephson Center for Creative Educational Services, 1979.
______, co-author. Corporate Taxation and Taxation of Partnerships and Partners. P. B. Gann, co-author. St. Paul, Minn.: West, 1979.
______. "Accelerated Depreciation—Tax Expenditure or Proper Allowance for Measuring Net Income?" Mich. L. Rev. 78 (1979): 1-58.
- Kamisar, Yale (1965- ), co-author. The Supreme Court: Trends and Developments. J. H. Choper and L. H. Tribe, co-authors. Minneapolis: National Practice Institute, 1979-1984.
______. "The Exclusionary Rule in Historical Perspective: The Struggle to Make the Fourth Amendment More than 'An Empty Blessing'." Judicature 62, no. 7 (1979): 337-50.
______. "Exclusionary Rule: Reasonable Remarks on Unreasonable Search and Seizure." Student Law. 8 (1979): 54-5.
______. "A Defense of the Exclusionary Rule." Crim. L. Bull. 15 (1979): 5-39.
- Kauper, Thomas E. (1964- ). "Staaliches Reglemententierungen des Einzelhandelswettbewerbs: Erfahrungen in den Vereingten Staaten." Marketing: Zeitschrift für Forshung und Praxis (1979): 223 -9. (unverified citiation)
- Kennedy, Frank R. (1961-2008). "The Commencement of a Case under the New Bankruptcy Code." Wash. & Lee L. Rev. 36 (1979): 977-1025.
______. "The Bankruptcy Court under the New Bankruptcy Law: Its Structure, Jurisdiction, Venue, and Procedure." St. Mary's L. J. 11 (1979): 251-309.
______. "The Background of the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1978." In Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, edited by W. L. Norton. Wilmette, Ill.: Callaghan, 1979.
______. "Dedication to Professor G. Stanley Joslin." Emory L. J. 28 (1979): 575-80.
______. "Background and Overview of the Bankruptcy Code of 1978." In The Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1978, edited by G. W. Holmes, 1-13. Ann Arbor, Mich.: Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 1979.
______. "Automatic Stay: Use of Collateral; Adequate Protection; Obtaining Credit." In The Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1978, edited by G. W. Holmes, 59-70. Ann Arbor, Mich.: Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 1979.
- Lempert, Richard O. (1968- ). Review of The Legal Needs of the Public, by B. A. Curran. Am. J. Sociology 85 (1979): 471-4.
______. "Jury Size and the Peremptory Challenge: Testimony on Jury Reform." In The Structure of Procedure, by O. M. Fiss and R. M. Cover, 349- 55. Mineola, N.Y.: Foundation Press, (1979).
- Payton, Sallyanne (1976- ). "The Little Agency That Could." Review of Regulatory Justice: Implementing a Wage-Price Freeze, by R. A. Kagan. Mich. L. Rev. 77 (1979): 871-83.
- Pooley, Beverley J. (1963-2001). Review of The Nigerian Legal System, by A. O. Obilade. Int'l J. L. Libr. 9 (1979): 121-3.
- Reed, John W. (1949-1964, 1968- ). New Dimensions in Products Liability: Sports Injuries. Ann Arbor, Mich.: Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 1979.
- Regan, Donald H. (1968- ). "Rewriting Roe v. Wade." Mich. L. Rev. 77 (1979): 1569-646.
- Rubinfeld, Daniel L. (1978-1982), co-author. "The Stimulative Effects of Intergovernmental Grants: Or Why Money Sticks Where It Hits." P. N. Courant and E. M. Gramlich, co-authors. In Fiscal Federalism and Grants-in-Aid, edited by P. Mieszkowski and W. H. Oakland. Washington, D.C.: Urban Institute Press, 1979.
______, co-author. "The Judicial Pursuit of Fiscal Equity." R. P. Inman, co-author. Harv. L. Rev. 92 (1979): 1662-750.
______, co-author. "Public Employee Market Power and the Level of Government Spending." P. N. Courant and E. M. Gramlich, co-authors. Am. Econ. Rev. 69 (1979): 806-17.
______. "On Super-Rationality and the School Voting Process." In Collective Decision Making, edited by C. S. Russell. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Univ. Press, 1979.
______. "Judicial Approaches to Local Public Sector Equity: An Economic Analysis." In Current Issues in Urban Economics, edited by P. Mieszkowski and M. Straszheim. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Univ. Press, 1979.
______. Essays on the Law and Economics of Local Governments. Washington, D.C.: Urban Institute, 1979.
- Sax, Joseph L. (1966-1986). "Fashioning a Recreation Policy for Our National Parklands: The Philosophy of Choice and the Choice of Philosophy." Creighton L. Rev. 12 (1979): 973-85.
______. "Environmental Action: A Passing Fad?" In Environmental Problems: Principles, Readings, and Comments. 2nd ed., edited by W. H. Mason and G. W. Folkerts. Dubuque, Iowa: William C. Brown Pubs., 1979.
- Smith, Allan F. (1947-1994), co-author. Basic Property Law. 3rd ed. O. L. Browder et al., co-authors. St. Paul, Minn.: West, 1979.
- Smith, Russell A. (1937-2002), co-author. Labor Relations Law: Cases and Materials. 6th ed. L. S. Merrifield and T. J. St.Antoine, co-authors. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill, 1979.
______, co-author. Labor Relations Law in the Public Sector: Cases and Materials. 2nd ed. H. T. Edwards et al., co-authors. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill, 1979.
- Soper, E. Philip (1973- ). "On the Relevance of Philosophy to Law: Reflections on Ackerman's Private Property and the Constitution." Colum. L. Rev. 79 (1979): 44-65.
- St. Antoine, Theodore J. (1965- ), co-author. Labor Relations Law: Cases and Materials. 6th ed. R. A. Smith and L. S. Merrifield, co-authors. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill, 1979.
______. "Administrators and Teachers—An Uneasy but Vital Relationship." In Memo to the Faculty, No. 63. Ann Arbor: Univ. of Michigan, Center for Research on Learning and Teaching, 1979.
- Stein, Eric (1955-2011). "Treaty-Based Federalism, A.D. 1979: A Gloss on Covey T. Oliver at the Hague Academy." U. Pa. L. Rev. 127 (1979): 897-908.
______. Review of Bibliography on European Integration, by K. Kujath, editor. Am. J. Int'l L. 73 (1979): 737-8.
- Steiner, Peter O. (1968-2010). Workable Competition in the Radio Broadcast Industry. New York: Arno Press, 1979.
______, co-author. "Preface." R. G. Lipsey, co-author. Preface to Macroeconomics. 5th ed., ix-xii. New York: Harper & Row, (1979). (Portions of this work were first published in Economics, Fifth Edition, copyright © 1978 by R.G. Lipsey and P.O. Steiner. Portions of this work were first published in the United Kingdom as An Introduction to Positive Economics, © 1963 by R. G. Lipsey.)
______, co-author. Macroeconomics. 5th ed. R. G. Lipsey, co-author. New York: Harper & Row, 1979. (Portions of this work were first published in the United Kingdoms as An Introduction to Positive Economics, © 1963 by R.G. Lipsey. Portions of this work were first published in Economics, Fifth Edition, copyright © 1978 by R.G. Lipsey and P.O. Steiner.)
______. "Economic and Legal Theories of the Effect on Competition of Potential Competition." In Economic Analysis and Antitrust Law, edited by T. Calvani and J. Siegfried. Boston: Little, Brown & Co., 1979.
______, co-author. "Academic Freedom and Tenure—University of Maryland." R. Rosenbaum, co-author. AAUP Bull. (1979): 213-27.
- Waggoner, Lawrence W. (1974- ). "Federal Taxation of the Assignment of Life Insurance." In 1978 National Insurance Law Service. Canoga Park, Calif.: National Insurance Law Services, 1979.
- Watson, Andrew S. (1959-1998). "Legal Education Plays Some Strange Psychological Tricks on You." Hearsay, for Dalhousie Law Graduates 4, no. 2 (1979): 16-7.
- Westen, Peter K. (1973- ). "The Future of Confrontation." Mich. L. Rev. 77 (1979): 1185-217.
- White, James J. (1964- ). "Allocation of Scarce Goods under Section 2-615 of the Uniform Commercial Code: A Comparison of Some Rival Models." U. Mich. J. L. Reform 12 (1979): 503-29.