Veronica A. Santarosa
Assistant Professor of Law
Member of University of Michigan Law School Faculty 2011-
- "Radio and the Rise of Nazis in Prewar Germany." M. Adena et al., co-authors. Q. J. Econ. 130, no. 4 (Forthcoming).
"The Legal Construction of Early Financial Markets: Lessons from the History of an Eighteenth-Century Legal Innovation." In Recht und Sozialtheorie im Rechtsvergleich: Interdisziplinäres Denken in Rechtswissenschaft und -praxis / Law in the Context of Disciplines: Interdisciplinary Approaches in Legal Academia and Practice, edited by S. Grundmann and J. Thiessen. Tübingen, Germany: Mohr Siebeck, 2015.
- "Politics, Instability, and Composition of International Investment Flows." A. Durnev, R. Enikolopov, and M. Petrova, co-authors. J. Corp. Fin. 30 (2015): 299-324.
- "Financing Long-Distance Trade Without Banks: The Joint Liability Rule and Bills of Exchange in 18th-century France." J. Econ. Hist. 75, no. 3 (2015): 690-719.
Full Text: Cambridge Journals (UMich users) | Cambridge Journals
Works in Progress & Working Papers
- Pre-Banking Financial Intermediation: Evidence from a Brokerage Law Reform in 18th Century Marseille. Working Paper.
- Unemployment Risk and Precautionary Savings: Evidence from the 1880s New Jersey Worker Surveys. Working Paper, 2011.
- The Quality of Contracting Institutions and the Choice of Ownership vs. Contract. Working Paper, 2011.