CTools / Canvas
Posting to CTools or Canvas
To request that library staff post an electronic copy of an article or portion of a book to your CTools, Canvas or M+Box site, email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email include:
- The citation
- The name of the course
- What you want the file named; absent instruction, we will use Author. Brief title., e.g. Smith. Legal History of…
We must be authorized to post to your CTools, Canvas or M+Box site. If this is a first request, we will contact you to set that up.
Integrating Course Reserve Lists with Canvas
You can insert a link to a course reserve list in Canvas. Once in your Canvas course site, your students will be able to click the choice Law Library Course Reserve List from the list of links on the left. The student can then see the whole list of items you've placed on reserve, including call number information for books and paper copies. If there are electronic resources on the reserve list, which is often the case, the students can open them from that list.
To insert a link:
Ask the library for the URL to the course list by emailing email@example.com.
Then to add this list to Canvas, follow the steps listed below.
- In your Canvas course, click Settings (at the bottom of list on left).
- On the settings page, click the Apps tab from the choices along the top.
- External Apps should appear at the top of the page. Search in the "Filter by content" box for Redirect Tool. (The icon for the tool is a blue curved arrow.)
- Once you install the Redirect Tool, click to Add App.
- In the box that appears, type the text you would like to appear in the course navigation list in the Name field (example title: Law Library Course Reserve List).
- In the URL Redirect field, paste in the link to your Course Reserve list that you received from the library.
- Make sure the boxes for Force open in new window and Show in Course Navigation are checked and click Add App.
- Click back to the main screen of your course and the link should appear in the left navigation bar.
- To adjust where in the navigation the link appears, go back to Settings, click the Navigation tab, and click and drag items to reorder them. Click Save at the bottom when you are done.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help or have any questions.
You can follow these same steps to insert a link to your exams list, which contains those exams you have submitted for permanent retention.
- Follow the instructions above, but use a title like "Exams Reserve List."
Back to Top