Welcome to Student Affairs
The Office of Student Affairs provides academic and personal support to law students through counseling, programming, and other resources. Both David Baum and Christine Gregory provide personal counseling to students and academic counseling to current and prospective students on various Curriculum Interest Areas available to pursue during matriculation at the University of Michigan Law School.
In his role as Assistant Dean and Senior Manager of Student Affairs, David Baum oversees the administration of the Registrar's Office. He is also responsible for the following areas of student life at the Law School:
- Administration of the Academic Standards Committee;
- Interpretation of academic regulations;
- Anatomy of a Case Talk Series;
- Course advising and related programming;
- Crisis intervention;
- Disabled student services;
- Health insurance;
- Services for older students and students with children;
- Orientation program and Commitment to Integrity Program;
- Referrals to Law School, University, and community resources;
- Safety issues;
- Service Day;
- Sexual harassment complaints; and
- Special examinations.
Marilyn Genoa (email@example.com) provides administrative student support to Dean Baum.
Christine Gregory, the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, serves as an administrative liaison to student organizations within the Law School. As Assistant Dean, she oversees a multitude of programs, including:
Amy Sankaran, Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor, supervises the externships by assisting students to identify potential placements, providing guided feedback, and conducting official site visits.
Administrative support for Dean Gregory and Professor Sankaran is provided by Trudy Feldkamp (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mark Gebhart (email@example.com).