Fall 2013 Footnotes
As of 10/9/2015 5:16:45 AM
(Pre-requisites and co-requisites are included when applicable.)
|1.||This course, seminar, or clinic grade basis is mandatory limited grade (pass/fail) or “S” grade.|
|12.||This course or seminar is limited in size.|
|49.||Students are required to attend the first class meeting of the #990 Part-time Externship/#991 Part-time Externship Seminar. Students who fail to attend the first class meeting without making prior arrangements with the professor for an excused absence will have their name removed from the class roster.|
|50.||Students do not bid for the #990 Part-time Externship/#991Part-time Externship Seminar using the CBI system. Instead, a student seeking to enroll in the class must submit a resume and a short statement of interest to Professor Sankaran (firstname.lastname@example.org) as early as the beginning of the CBI registration period and no later than May 1 for the fall semester and December 1 for the winter semester. The statement must include:|
1) Name of placement or proposed placement;
2) How the proposed placement furthers his or her academic and professional goals;
3) A description of the work the student will be doing at his or her placement;
4) If the placement is already secured, a) name, phone number, and email of supervisor or other appropriate contact, and b) work schedule; and,
5) If the placement is not yet secured, what steps the student will take to secure the placement.
Permission to enroll in this class is granted exclusively by Professor Sankaran during the weeks prior to the semester in which the externship will take place. Students must have their placements finalized no later than one week prior to the first day of the semester.
Students may not take #990 Part-time Externship/#991Part-time Externship Seminar and be enrolled in a clinic during the same semester.