- Charges for printing beyond the quotas in either environment will be billed directly to your University student account in the first weeks of the following term and will appear on your tuition statement.
- Payment may be made in 3 ways:
- In person at the Cashier's Office
- By mail
- Online via Wolverine Access
- If you are graduating, you should still get the bill and be able to pay it using one of the 3 means mentioned above. The Financial Aid Office Web site has a link to a web page that explains how to make payments.
- If there is a mechanical or technical problem which prevents you from receiving your printout and you are charged for the print job, please submit a print refund request within four (4) hours of the problem occurring if you expect to receive reimbursement.
Any printouts associated with the problem (including error pages) must be presented to LawIT so that the issue can be investigated in a timely manner and further problems can be prevented.
- Unused printing allowance is not rolled over to the next term.
Students are not charged
for Lexis printing as long as the Lexis print jobs are directed to the
designated Lexis printers
. However, please note that if you direct your
Lexis print jobs to the Law School’s regular networked printers, you will
be charged. Duplex printing
All designated student printers at the Law School are duplex
printers by default (to permit double-sided printing) so that you can save paper and money. However, you can manually select single-sided printing for any print job by changing the default settings in the print window.Printing from Journal, Clinic, and Student Organization printers
Clinics, journals, and organizations are responsible for acquiring and controlling their own paper usage and should print clinic, journal, or organization materials to clinic, journal, or organization-designated printers only.Sites printers
There are three (3) Sites printers located in the Law School (one in the alcove leading to the lower student commons, one in the computer lab, and one in the Reading Room alcove). The Sites printers print single-sided by default. Printing directed to the Sites printers will be charged from your $24.00 (400-pgs at $0.06 per printed side) ITS printing quota
, not from your Law School printing quota.
The Law School printer installation script does not install the Sites printers. Instead you must use mPrint
to print to the Sites printers.Tips to conserve paper and your printing quota
- Making changes or corrections: Spell-check the document(s) and print only the pages needed by selecting the page range prior to printing.
- Often blank pages will be included at the end of printouts from Web sites. Use the Print Preview feature in your browser to check the number of pages in your print job prior to printing and print only the page range necessary in order to eliminate the additional pages.
- You will get more for your money in the Law School if you print duplex (double-sided). A double-sided page counts as one page within your allowance. Each page you print after your quota costs 3 cents regardless of whether it is duplex or single-sided. So you can print two pages for the price of one if you print duplex.
- You are charged per page, no matter how many slides or pages are printed on a sheet of paper. This means that six slides or two pages per page-side would still only be charged for one page.