Laptop PrintingIMPORTANT NOTES:
- Windows users: If you are running a “Home” version of Windows Vista you will need to login to the print server after each computer restart because these versions of Windows cannot save your print server login credentials. For this reason, the Law School recommends you upgrade your computer to Windows 8.1, 8, or 7 (any version). The Computer Showcase (in the basement of the Michigan Union) sells Windows 8 and 7 at discounted prices.
- Mac users: The latest installer is compatible with Mac OSX 10.6.8-10.10.x.
- You must be connected and logged into the MWireless network or connected to Ethernet in order to print.
Law students can download a printer installation program that will install the Law School network printers and configure them to print double-sided. The program will first remove any previously installed Law School printers (it will not remove your personal printers) and then it will install the following printers:
Click the links in the LOCATION column below to view maps of where each printer is located.
Printer Installation Programs
*As of Nov 20, 2014, the Mac printer installer is now compatible with OSX 10.10 Yosemite.
If you need them, manual installation instructions are available for Windows (pdf) and Mac (pdf).
Lab consultants on duty in 331 Legal Research and in S-110A Law Library are available to assist you with the printer installation process.
Once the printers are installed, you
- WILL be able to print from your laptop anywhere in the Law School if you are connected to MWireless or plugged into an Ethernet port
- WILL NOT be able to print to the Law School printers if you connect to the MGuest network or any other network OUTSIDE of the university
At this time there is no color printing available for student use. The closest color printer to the Law School is located in the Campus Computing Sites computer lab in Angel Hall.
See the Law School printing policy for more information about printing at the Law School.