Timing of Award Notice
We will provide notification on a rolling basis beginning May 1st -- the sooner your file is complete, the sooner you will receive your financial aid offer. Once your file is processed, we will send your award letter via umich e-mail. Due to issues of confidentiality, notification cannot be given over the telephone.
- After you receive your award notice, accept or decline your offer of financial aid on Wolverine Access under Student Business > Financial Aid Information > Financial Aid Award Notices (select the 2013 aid year and go to accept/decline).
- Complete entrance counseling for federal loans on the StudentLoans.gov website, if you are a first-time borrower at this school.
- Complete the Master Promissory Note for federal loans on the StudentLoans.gov website, if you are a first-time borrower at this school. There are separate promissory notes for Stafford and Grad PLUS loans. If you are borrowing both, you will need to complete a promissory note for each one.
- You must also submit the Statement of Understanding.
- If you are expecting a financial aid refund check for living expenses, we strongly encourage you to sign up for direct deposit on Wolverine Access under Student Business > Payroll & Compensation > Direct Deposit. Direct deposit is usually more timely and accurate. If you do not sign up for direct deposit, your refund check will be mailed to the current address that is listed on Wolverine Access.
- If you need to borrow additional loans, a separate application is required. A comparison of different types of loans is available on our loan comparison chart/FAQ [PDF]. Since credit approvals expire, the earliest you should apply is June 1st. If you borrow a Grad PLUS loan, please be sure to complete the school's Grad PLUS loan application, and not the one on the StudentLoans.gov website.
All information is strictly confidential. Please address inquiries to:
The University of Michigan Law School
Financial Aid Office
701 South State Street
South Hall, Suite 2200
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-3091