Michigan Law Celebrates Campaign Success
The Law School toasted the Michigan Difference campaign November 14-15, with a series of events that showcased the fund drive’s impact around the Quad.
Click image to view images from campaign celebration
At a ceremony dedicating the site of the new building, Campaign Chair Bruce Bickner, ’68, announced the campaign had raised $134.4 million toward its goal of $135 million and expressed confidence that it will reach its goal in the remaining month ahead. Fundraising for the building is ongoing and is more than halfway to its goal of $70 million in private gifts, with groundbreaking planned for next year during the Law School’s sesquicentennial celebration.
Speakers at a Campaign in Review program included 2L Stephen Moyer, 3L Jennifer Wyeth, and Jessica Litman, the John F. Nickoll Professor of Law. All have benefited from the campaign, which has raised $25.7 million in endowed student support, $21.1 million in endowed faculty support, and $53.4 million for programs and the Law School Fund.
Other events during the campaign celebration included a luncheon for donors and a post-game tailgate for alumni, students, and faculty.
The Law School’s campaign is part of The Michigan Difference, the University-wide initiative that began July 1, 2000, and ends December 31.
Campaign News: Campaign Ends Dec. 31!
- Bill Jentes, '56, reaffirms commitment to merit scholarships. More
- Family honors Stanley S. Schwartz, '55, with Memorial Scholarship Fund More
- New Professorship from Practice honors Jeffrey Liss, '75. More
- Robert H. Gorlin, '77, supports Building and Law School Fund. More
- Petrie Foundation supports Debt Management for Public Service Grads. More
- Sam Zell, '66, renews commitment to Tactical Fund, supports Rickey Chair. More
- Baseball execs honor Branch Rickey, '11, with new Law School Professorship. More
- Previous Campaign News. More