Directions to the Law School
The Law Quadrangle is located on State Street in downtown Ann Arbor, between Monroe Street and South University Avenue. South Hall is located across Monroe Street from the Quad.
Both South Hall and Hutchins Hall contain classrooms, seminar rooms, and administrative and faculty offices. The main entrance to Hutchins Hall is located on State Street; the main entrance to South Hall is on Monroe Street. The Legal Research Building houses the magnificent Reading Room, best entered through the Law Quadrangle. The Lawyers Club (closed for renovation in 2012) is the residence hall for law students.
Please note, the Admissions office is located on the second floor of South Hall.
Map to the law school
For a closer look at the area surrounding the Law School, please click on the map below.
Please visit maps.google.com for step-by-step directions to the University of Michigan Law School from a specific location.
1. Exit Downtown Ann Arbor North Main St.
2. Continue on South Main St.
3. Turn left on Packard St.
4. Turn left on East Madison St.
5. Turn right on South State St.
6. The Law Quad is at 625 South State Street, between Monroe and South University.
1. Exit 37B (Washtenaw-Ann Arbor)
2. Continue on Washtenaw Ave.
3. Continue on East Stadium Blvd.
4. Turn right on Packard St.
5. Veer right at the intersection of Packard St. and State St. onto State St.
6. The Law Quad is on the right, between Monroe and South University.
1. Exit 177 (State Street)
2. Turn right if you are coming from Detroit.
3. Turn left if you are coming from Chicago.
4. Drive approximately 2 miles on State Street.
5. The Law Quad is on the right, between Monroe and South University.